Friday, December 25, 2015
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Since I returned to work full time this school year, we decided to take an exciting trip to the Aulani Disney Resort on Oahu. Though J and I aren't big fans of busy resort style vacations, we will have to say that Disney does it right! The only day we left the resort was to visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial. This was a memorable excursion for the whole family and most definitely worth a visit away from island fun.
We swam, snorkeled, and ate shaved ice daily. It was a refreshing blessing to be together as a family in such a beautiful place. We came up with our family theme this year: Joyful Perseverance. The Lord has not called us to an easy life but one with purpose and strength from Him. We were so thankful for this time of rest and the opportunity to gear up for our next quarter of school.
Saturday, September 5, 2015
1. Daddy's 40th bday was the day before school began. He spent the day with the kiddos while I prepped my classroom. We had a rockin' 80s and 90s celebration later on in August.
2. The Heath Family took over Marshall School! Our first day of school picture: Adam in Kindergarten. Mom in 1st grade. Elizabeth in 3rd grade and Owen in 5th grade. 1st quarter is in full swing and we go on fall break on September 19th.
3. We enjoyed a summer Sunday at Belmont Park on Mission Beach boardwalk. Such a great SD day for our family! We all look forward to weekends with all of us back at work and school!
4. Some of the Heath Family spent a week up in Oceanside and since the So Cal Heath Crew was already in school, we spent a couple weekend days visiting with them on the beach!
5. August ended with a bang with a 40th birthday celebration at our place for Jeremiah. The fun included our dear friends rockin' some 80s and 90s music for us, along with a Taco Guy and a jumpy for all the kiddos. It was such a blast and I know Jeremiah enjoyed the party. He asked everyone to bring a favorite drink with a special story behind it. Our kitchen counter was filled with yummy drinks of all kinds!
I'm not sure when I'll be blogging again but we are looking for to a relaxing Hawaii trip during our September break that might be worth posting!
Monday, July 6, 2015
The adventures continued with several Aquatica trips and a 17th Anniversary get-away with my love. Thank you Babcia and Dziadek for spending time with our kiddos so we could do that.
Our church just finished a week-long Vacation Bible School for all of kids and their neighborhood friends as well. Everyone had a rockin' time learning about God and his amazing love for us.
We celebrated the 4th of July with a BBQ at home and an exciting first for Adam: Riding on a two-wheel bike!! We were so excited for him!! A verse that has been encouraging to all of us this summer: Romans 12:12: Being joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Adam's 5th Birthday
We love this precious 5 year old boy! He is always finding a way to make our whole family laugh. God's joy is very evident in his life. We are so thankful to have him as part of our family. Happy 5th Birthday Adam. We love you so much!